There are several benefits to this recipe:
- it's easy,
- most of the ingredients can be kept in the pantry,
- it freezes well,
- it's cheap to make a LOT of it,
- it can be made ahead of time in the crock pot,
- it's versatile - don't have a can of chili peppers? No trouble, leave them out. Want to throw in some corn? Go for it! Add a can of diced tomatoes and reduce the liquid for a thicker chili. Kids eating too? Reduce the cayenne pepper some.
- it can be left in the crock pot all day for teenage boys and their friends to grab as a healthy, filling "snack" while they're on the go!
- it can be made in one pot, meaning less work for Mom!