- that I am going to be posting on a third blog as well as this one and Three Friends Fitness. I will make a bigger announcement and a link to the third blog as soon as I figure out their system - it is on Wordpress and so far I have not been able to figure out how to get pictures to upload but I will succeed in the end!
- Baseball and track seasons are O.V.E.R. and though I enjoyed watching the boys succeed (and boy did they!) I am glad to have my weeknights back. It was rough trying to keep up with everyone's events, Jeff's work stuff, finishing the work projects I have going on and keeping up with the house and the move. I'll be glad for life not to be so chaotic for a time.
- We had a wonderful day at Inner Harbor not long ago enjoying Sailebration - an event commemorating Baltimore's role in the War of 1812. I got to see the Navy Blue Angels right over top of us! I cannot explain how exciting that was for me, as it was once a dream of mine to fly jets for the military.
- My lovies all went to various running events at the Gettysburg 5k recently - I really look forward to more family times like that day. Running, then time on the playground, picnic lunch and seeing a few of the historic sites. Perfect!
- I am reading books again, which I had to stop for a while because of that whole time thing mentioned above, and spending more TIME focusing on the kids and really interacting with them. It is not always successful, but I figure that by the mere effort I am doing more than I was or would be if I didn't even try.
- We survived the power outage from the most recent storms that rolled though and I am beyond thankful that we had power "issues" and not water troubles. It was hot and muggy, so I sent the kids out for water play, but I still managed to get a few boxes packed for the move in spite of the lack of a/c.
- We are working steadily - like the turtle and not the rabbit - toward our impending move. I really want to make sure that I can jump on it if I am invited out for time with friends here or there before I cut those lifelines to drift to new shores. This move will be very bittersweet for all of us but I am embracing the challenges and looking forward to new things in life, even as I will miss what I've had in my life for the past ten years. Here's to change and adventure!
|Chef's best friend gave these home-made style "Chia Pets" to him to |
soak and sprout. What fun we had cutting their hair and watching it grow back!
So that is the in-a-nutshell version as we approach this Fourth of July week. If you're one of the people I know and love in Colorado, please stay safe as they continue to battle the blazes going on out there. If you're one of those residing in safety, please pray for those who aren't. A better post will come soon, but drop me a line when you have time so I know I'm not alone in my little blog here!