In addition to Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, we have several events this time of year: Maestro, Buttercup, Bruiser and Jeff all have their birthdays in those weeks from October 31st to December 25th, and our anniversary is in that time as well. You can imagine it's a busy, fun-filled time!
|Last year's birthday bash|
There are several reasons for this, the biggest one being that my older children are chock-full of ideas on ways to earn money, and I want to be a good role-model, mentor and encouragement to them in their endeavors; on top of that, they inspire me, too! Also, because I will be doing some fun home school reviews this coming year and I really want people to join me for that!
So, without further prattle: In two years of writing, 155 posts, a whopping 17,400 page views, one thing I've never done on my blog, is offer a give-away. So for the first time ever, here it is:
Spread the word and encourage people to follow my blog until we get to a minimum of 40 people following. If we reach 60 followers in that time, I'll double the prize and draw two names.
Saturday, December 8, 2012, 11:59 p.m. - midway between Bruiser's and Buttercup's birthdays
I'll drop your name in The Hat if you...
- are signed up as a follower
- leave a comment answering one of the three questions below (you can answer each question for up to three entries - and please be honest, I can take even negatives if given with the spirit of helping someone improve and not just for the sake of being unkind)
- order from my Cocoa Nutty Goodies page (above) for each item ordered
- contact me to make an order (promote a healthy lifestyle), sign up as a distributor (best value!), or get information about Young Living Essential Oils (and pass it on!)**
- refer someone who enters the drawing through one of the above means (have that person leave a comment saying that you referred them) (each referral gets a separate entry)
*No purchase is necessary to enter or to win*
** DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.
The three questions:
- What sort of information and content would you like to see and/or read about on a blog such as this one?
- What do you think of the content and appearance of the blog as it is now?
- Tell me about one of your favorite Christmas memories - the one that makes you smile even when it crosses your mind in the middle of 115-degree heat in July in the Desert of New Mexico
On December 10, 2012, I will draw at least one, possibly two (if I reach 60 followers) names to win a customized goody box to be delivered before Christmas. The goody box will include items from Cocoa Nutty Goodies, a Blockbuster gift card worth $10, and some other items of Christmas cheer that I have not yet determined because it is 3 a.m. on a Saturday night and I've just brainstormed this all up. (Bear with me, I have never done a give-away before, remember??)
The "Gift" part that brings this into the 29 Gift Challenge:
Regardless (or should I annoy my mom and other language geeks out there by saying, "IR-regardless"... haha!) of whether or not I end this contest with 40 or 60 (or even 100!) followers, I will send:
- a care package, similar to what the winner will receive (minus the $10 Blockbuster card, plus a $10 prepaid phone card or iTunes card, depending on my wonderful husband's opinion), to a military man who is far from home and family during the Christmas holiday (i.e.: deployed),
- and I'll take a tin of Christmas cheer and goodies to the local firehouse and police department.
(I have to check the legalities on the local first responders part of this, but I'm pretty sure I can take them a plate of cookies and goodies! If I can't, I'll send two military care packages.)
Be sure to head over to Freemotion by the River and see what they're doing today!