Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sharing My Joy

Oh. My. Goodness! Living in this place is like being at an air show Every. Day. It have long been a fascination and a dream of mine to fly, and one day, I'll make the dream of a pilot's license come true. But when I was a girl, I always wanted to fly the jets - even before Top Gun made it "cool."



We live near a place where the jets fly around frequently and I am in Heaven. I run from room-to-room trying to track them down in the sun. I don't care how geeky that looks. I even think it's good for the kids to see enthusiasm in something, to see joy and excitement and to share that.

What gets you passionate for life? 
What makes your heart jump? 
What JOY do you find to share with those around you each day? 

When I was younger, I was moved one day - by what exactly, I don't know - but I threw my arms out from my sides and enjoyed the sensation of the wind and the joy of the moment. The friend who was with me at the time asked, "What are you celebrating?"

I had no response then. I was embarrassed for my moment of child-like joy and revelation (I was 18 and that wasn't "cool.") Now, how I wish I had said that I was celebrating LIFE and the JOY of the moment. That friend, though we are no longer in touch, would have understood. I pray to show my kids that having that kind of love for life and joy is "okay." And if someone else doesn't like it, does that person's opinion matter?

I'll get pictures of my plain-jane house up before long (when it's no longer plain), but for right now, you'll find me on the porch, soaking in mild weather, cup of coffee in hand and enjoying the noise and excitement of my own little Air Show.

2 comments:

  1. We are all really looking forward to pictures of your new home! Please post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get some taken tomorrow :) There are several rooms that are coming along nicely and about ready for their debut!

      Delete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...